Disability rights are civil rights and advocacy is essential to making our community a better place to live for individuals with special needs and disabilities. Greenville CAN’s advocacy efforts are considered “hyper-local.” Instead of speaking to legislators in Columbia and Washington DC, our focus in on speaking with City and County Council members.
How You Can Help
- Know your rights… Check out the information listed in “Accessibility / ADA” on our website.
- Go to the City Council meetings for the city you live in. If you do not live in an incorporated area then attend Greenville County Council meetings. Citizens are allowed to address councils at their meetings.
- Share Accessibility / ADA challenges with the ADA Coordinator for the City or County where the challenged occurred. Click here for the contact information of our local ADA Coordinators.
- If you need help, contact one of the local advocacy organizations that serve Greenville County or contact Mike Teachey at email@example.com.
- Join our email list. By joining our email list, not only will you stay informed about disability related issues and opportunities in Greenville County, you will also add your name to our growing constituency.